主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2024-2-14 16:59:30 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
I find it surprising how ambivalent the strategies are. They have ten d to see it as a pointless bureaucratic planning exercise in an industry that is too fast moving for the strategy. On the first, they are right to be skeptical. As I've written in this series, most strategic planning is predominantly planning and not strategic. However, the latter is a mistake that I have also written about in this series. Everyone has a strategy: It's what they do, so whether they admit it or not, every tech company has a strategy, regardless of how fast their industry is. But tech companies are almost universally enthusiastic about product marketing. When I ask them, they describe a great product marketer as one who deeply and acutely understands the market and what motivates customers in various segments; is able to determine which attributes the product (service).

Must incorporate to prevail over the competition; can wisely choose the segment(s) to target; and is skilled at designing an effective go-to-market approach and accompanying communications. When I hear it, it sounds very familiar because it is strategy: where to play / how Finland Telemarketing Data to win (WTP / HTW). This is not surprising because during the late 20th century marketing and strategy began the process of converging and are now indistinguishable, so Silicon Valley's view is not wrong: product marketing is strategy . This is why I published my 28th post in the Playing to Win / Practitioner Insights series It's time to accept that marketing and strategy are one discipline. How the hell did this happen? Marketing began as a formal discipline focused on the customer and the company. In the early 20th century, his primary concern was customer segmentation.

Early marketers sought to create meaningful categories, primarily the socioeconomic categories of the time, to help companies better target their products. Segmentation of this kind guided General Motors to develop "a car for every purse and purpose." In the 1920s, marketers developed customer research methodologies to help companies better understand their customers. In 1960, Jerome McCarthy created the Four Ps model, the "marketing mix" of product, price, place and promotion, which helped companies plan how to use their resources to encourage customers to purchase their offerings. As a discipline, the focus was on the customer and the company, and the interactions between them.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Comsenz Inc.  

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 19:39 , Processed in 0.030530 second(s), 14 queries , Apc On.